Thursday, September 16, 2010

So much fur...

I just realized that I never formally introduced the newest member of our family!

This is Beau Bear...

Beau is a 3 year old male Golden Retriever (who knows nothing about retrieving). We found him on Craigslist a couple months ago and got him on my birthday. He is a wonderful dog, as dogs go, and the cats warmed right up to him! They just LOVE his fluffy tail...it's great fun to play with! He loves to snuggle...which is great, except for the fact that he weighs almost 100 pounds! He also loves going for runs, which he usually takes with Kyle because I prefer walking...

I really enjoy and appreciate his company, especially when I am annoyed with the cats (which is quite often), but he can be a bit overwhelming. Perhaps it is his age, or his breed, or the fact that he is alone more often than he would like, but he has an extreme amount of energy! Don't expect to come here without spending at least the first 5 minutes greeting Beau Bear!! He especially dislikes physical contact between humans...it is one of the few situations in which he becomes rather vocal. At least it is comforting to know that no physical harm will come to me if Beau is around...he would never allow it!


Here is one of my very favorite pictures...I love it because it includes all four cats and Beau Bear!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful description. BB is the greatest pooch ever.

    ReplyDelete