Saturday, November 5, 2011

Um....I have your dog.


Sigh....fencing in the backyard just took first place on my priority list. Today was the third time in the last few months that I have received a call from a strange number with someone on the other end saying "um....I have your dog". How embarrassing.

He walked pretty far this time, too....all the way to the end of our street, and then ACROSS Michigan Ave. How he managed that without getting killed is beyond me.

Shame on me for leaving him out for so long, I suppose. I should be a more responsible pet owner.

What a pain.



1 comment:

  1. Or horses. Your mom can tell you about all the times we'd get a call growing up "We've got your horses". Stupid escape artists.
    Our dog has gotten out a few times. Most recently the neighbor kid brought her back on a leash (I've helped them catch their dog before, so they owed me anyway).
    And then there was the time our petsitter did not notice the back fence had blown down (I didn't either, when I got home) so the dog got to wander around the neighborhood twice that weekend!

    ReplyDelete