Thursday, November 3, 2011

So....Much....Fur....

I'm feeling rather motivated today. Probably because I've been browsing cute blogs and marveling at all these cute, CLEAN houses. I would probably consider myself a decent housekeeper  (I try, at least...) but with animals like mine, who shed a ton and don't really go outside (and a super busy husband who tends to leave things.. laying around), it takes more than mediocrity to maintain a fur and clutter-free house. Needless to say, I never really achieve that...and probably never will.
Actually, I always thought it would be easy to keep things tidy, since it's just the two of us (+ 3 fur-balls), but it's not as simple as I thought... I think it's because I like to dedicate entire days to cleaning, rather than just a little at a time, because I hate the feeling of leaving the job only partly done.

Those days usually go something like this:
I always start in the kitchen...always. Because you never know when I might get the urge to make something, and that can NOT be done in a messy kitchen. Do the dishes, wipe the counters, scrub the stove, mop the floors...everything. 

Then I vacuum, starting in the office, then the sitting room, through the dining room, into the living room, and up the stairs (Emptying the canister between rooms because there's SO MUCH FUR!). This step takes the longest, because the fur is everywhere....seriously. It never ends.
Then I just clean...for hours. I don't even know how it could take so long to clean up after TWO people. Just two! I must be ridiculously slow.

^^^Bad Idea^^^
I enjoy doing it, really...I do. I would take a day at home cleaning over a 4 hour shift in retail any day. But considering I rarely have entire days that can be spent at home doing whatever I please, I am really trying to reform...so that I can do a little at a time...instead of waiting for a whole day.




So I guess my point is... today, I'm making it my goal to do just a little. And tomorrow...just a little. And the day after that, and the day after that...just...a little.

Wish me luck..........

No comments:

Post a Comment