Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Why do I bother?

Today, I am not on speaking terms with the Crispies....I almost regret not leaving them outside last night when they escaped!

Yesterday, Kyle brought me these flowers (isn't he wonderful?!) .....


I had intended to move them to the kitchen counter for the night, knowing they might not be safe, but forgot before we went to bed. So when I wake up this morning, the demon cats (most likely just Bella) had my beautiful flowers spread throughout the room! The vase was tipped over, not spilling any water, thanks to the bowl, and the roses were broken off the stems.I ended up taping the roses back to their stems...I just couldn't bear to throw them away when he just got them for me last night! They are missing a few petals, and the ones remaining are all chewed up, but they still look pretty good...


Not only did she destroy these flowers, but she also got to my wedding bouquet! (I know that one was Bella because she is the only one that can get to the top of the china cabinet...) It has been sitting up there for over a year now, so the flowers are very dry and crumble easily. That must have made it more enjoyable to tear apart:


There isn't much left of it now...
Perhaps it was unreasonable of me to think that it would be safe on top of a six foot china cabinet.

Apparently I still have not accepted the fact that I just cannot put anything nice where the Crispies can reach it (which is just about everywhere). Amazing that it still upsets me so much!

Bratty cats.

1 comment: